Filab is developing agents for autonomous control in workcells and a structure to facilitate their easy configuration.
These workcell agents contribute to addressing labor shortages and meeting market demands through autonomous optimal control.
Workcell agents possess the following capabilities: perception and control of manufacturing equipment included in the workcell, decision-making and optimal control within the workcell based on internal information, and higher-level decision-making and optimal control through communication among agents.
Recognition and control of factory devices by Linker
- Linker is a new approach that serves as an Active Device Driver to connect manufacturing equipment with control and management systems.
- Linker incorporates functionalities related to factory device information, communication, and control.
- Linker enables automatic configuration through the Information Studio, utilizing two models: the device information model and the communication model.
Decision-making and optimal control within the workcell
- Workcell agents perceive information within the workcell and make decisions.
- Based on their decision-making, optimal control is achieved using the linker.
Decision-making and optimal control among agents
- Agents can gather more information and incorporate it into their decision-making process within the workcell by communicating with other agents, allowing them to achieve broader optimization.
- Furthermore, through inter-agent communication within the workcell, they can realize optimal control across the entire factory, leading towards an autonomous factory.